This outstanding scholarship is a reward for all the young talented minds who has the potential to shine bright and play an impact on their community.
It is within human capability to understand and a bond between the societies.
This outstanding scholarship is a reward for all the young talented minds who has the potential to shine bright and play an impact on their community. It is within human capability to understand and a bond between the societies. Students worldwide are influenced by the promise this commonwealth scholarship keeps in front of the students. Every year almost eight hundred are awarded this scholarship. Commonwealth scholarship is for acquiring a post-graduate degree under the universities of the United Kingdom. You can easily access this opportune scholarship that will allow you to make positive societal changes. A commonwealth scholarship will help you afford the quality education of the universities of the UK.
The aim of the Commonwealth Scholarship
This scholarship aims to grow international bonds and improve relations with international countries. They aim to strengthen the future world with educational scholarships for needy students. In this, their universities become the hub of all the world’s talents, leaders and innovators. This scholarship program has a wide range of study programs designed.
Some benefits commonwealth scholarship provides are;
- The monthly rate of stipend or allowance is one thousand one hundred thirty-three dollars to one thousand three hundred ninety dollars.
- The candidates are also provided with extra warmer clothes applicable to the strong cold weather of the UK.
- The candidates are supplied with allowances for their thesis or dissertations.
- The commonwealth scholarship also provides an allowance of four hundred eighty-five dollars for the first child of the candidate if they have any with them while studying in the UK. This applies to the candidates whose kids are under sixteen. Only a divorced or widowed candidate avail of this benefit.
Who can apply?
- Criteria to apply for this prestigious scholarship are to be a citizen of any commonwealth country. Residential proof of these countries will also support your application.
- The candidate must be an undergraduate with an honours degree and second upper-class marks. You can also apply for PhD programs for which the candidate must have an appropriate master degree.
- It is suitable for candidates who cannot afford to study in the UK.
However, you note that the eligibility rules for each scholarship can vary. Following are the different scholarships available for the post-graduation courses. You can also get ample information about the studies on the website of Commonwealth scholarships.
- Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
- Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowships
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships
- Commonwealth Distance learning Scholarships
Candidates are allowed to choose any stream they wish. However, the development community of the commonwealth team may prefer the fields which have a more developing effect on society than other streams. The streams that the commonwealth development office gives more priority are;
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Promoting global prosperity
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
The process of selection
The scholarship holders are funded for their education, accommodation, living and travel fares. The allowances are enough to fruitfully complete your post-graduate program and successfully carry on with your career path.
Personal interviews choose the first candidates at New Delhi before shortlisting the application form.
To apply for the commonwealth scholarships, you can choose any organisation or NGO that will support you to put your crisis and talent upfront to the cause. You can also contact the national nominating agency or any university in the UK. you directly for the universities in the UK before applying for the universities
Necessary documents required for the enrolment are;
- Academic transcript
- The certificates of the last university degree.
- You have to provide two references of deputed people known to the candidate
- The candidate can also submit one reference letter but with an admission letter.
- The candidate must keep checking on the commonwealth scholarship website constantly.
Commonwealth scholarship alumnus is a member of the community for a lifetime. They are inhibited from being involved in most of the functions and programs of the commonwealth. The alumni involve world leaders, diplomats and higher rank scholars. The membership to commonwealth scholarship has many benefits. The members are invited to many commonwealth programs in their country.
Admission can help you with information about the commonwealth scholarship and the alumni membership. The Delhi-based consultancies are best for Indian students to access all the required information about study abroad and scholarships.