Sweden, the largest Nordic country, is famously known for its rich ecological diversity as well as for abundant natural resources. The economy of the country is largely based on services, heavy industries, and international trade. The best overseas education consultants in Delhi have good news for people seeking to move abroad that the country has proposed a new route for highly qualified foreign nationals to come to Sweden from around the globe and be part of its ever-growing economy.
Read the below article to know the details in full. Moreover, If you’re a student looking for study abroad opportunities, the Overseas education consultants in Germany (Top 8 Countries) can help you to shortlist the best suited universities abroad for you.
The newly introduced residence permit
The country is issuing resident permits to international natives to come and reside in Sweden to seek employment or to set up their businesses. The resident permit may be granted for a period of three months to no more than nine months and the migrants can utilize this time to look for suitable job opportunities or plan and invest capital to start their businesses. The only catch with this policy is that the permit does not allow the applicant’s family to move along with him/her.
Sweden welcomes individuals holding an advanced level of education to apply for this residence opportunity in the country to seek employment or explore the possibilities of starting your enterprise.
The eligibility requirements
There are a few requirements that you must fulfill to get a residence permit under this scheme.
- For applying for this resident permit in the first place, the applicant should have a passport that is valid for the entire duration of their intended stay. The applicant will receive a residence permit card once they get a permit for a duration of more than three months.
- The advanced education levels cited in the permit requirement correspond to a 60-120 credit Master’s program, a professional degree worth 60-330 credits, or a PhD-level degree. For students, who do not have this qualification yet, the study abroad consultants in Guwahati suggest that they can consider pursuing higher education in Sweden. If this is of interest to you do ask them about abroad study scholarships to support your studies overseas.
- The conditions also require the applicant to prove that they will be able to support themselves during their stay in the country. It means that permit-seekers must indicate to have bank assets equivalent to at least SEK 13,000 for each month’s living expenses of your stay.
- Before applying for the permit, the applicant should procure comprehensive health insurance that is valid in Sweden and covers the costs of both emergency and other medical care, as well as hospitalization, dental care, and possible repatriation for medical reasons. The overseas consultants in Delhi can help you figure out the visa and immigration processes.
- To receive the permit, you must also enclose a letter of consent along with the application that gives the right to verify your educational documents to the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) by contacting your higher education institutions in your home country.
The abroad consultants in Delhi highlight that this residence permit is only proposed to seek employment or examine the conditions for starting a business and is not to be deciphered as a work permit. As a foreign national, you’re not allowed to work in Sweden without permission. But the policymakers in Sweden understand that individuals may land attractive career opportunities during their stay and hence have made provisions to apply for a work permit from within the country.
Sweden is one of the richest countries in the region and has trade flows with Germany, the United States, Norway, the United Kingdom, Denmark, and Finland. This residence permit is a great window of opportunity for those seeking a career in the global market as well as for entrepreneurs envisioning expansion or establishment of new endeavors.
To read more such informative articles, visit the webpage of Admissify.com.