The Royal College of Art began as the Government School of Design in 1837. Since receiving a Royal Charter and university recognition in 1967, the RCA has been the world’s foremost postgraduate art and design university. The RCA collaborates with community groups, citizens, organizations, and corporations to generate joint projects that have a beneficial influence on the social and intellectual fabric of our local neighborhoods in Battersea, Kensington, and White City.
Why go for RCA?
According to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020, the Royal College of Art (RCA) is rated first in the world for art and design for the sixth consecutive year. Furthermore, it is well-known for being the cradle of the New Sculpture movement in Britain.
It has remained a key point of influence in the twenty-first century, with pupils including luminaries such as Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth.
From postgraduate teaching and research degrees to tailored courses for students, corporations, and enterprises, the Royal College of Art provides a wide range of chances to enhance your art and design career.
Excellent profile of Royal college of Art
- With a student body of only 2200, the Royal College of Art is classified as a small university.
- You are still eligible for admission despite being a foreign national. A multicultural environment for development is provided by the fact that more than 73 percent of the pupils are non-American.
- The university employs 199 experts.
- Students at the institution have the chance to participate in international transfer courses. Follow the university on social media to meet the students on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Courses offered at RCA
There are 28 academic areas covered by the Graduate Diploma pre-masters conversion program, MA, MRes, MPhil, and Ph.D. degrees offered by the RCA, which is grouped into four schools: architecture, arts & humanities, communication, and design. In addition to two double MA/MSc programs with Imperial College London, the history of design program collaborates with the Victoria & Albert Museum. RCA provides specialized courses in the following field:
- Interior Design: Retail Futures
- Interior Design
- Environmental architecture
- City Design
- Architecture Summer School
- Art and Design Portfolio Development
- Experience Design
- Fine Arts
- Applied Arts
- Graphic design
- Industrial Design
- Product design
The RCA also provides executive education courses and summer school throughout the year in addition to official certifications. For applicants who need to strengthen their academic English proficiency to satisfy the College’s entrance criteria, English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses are available.
Criteria for deciding the right course at RCA
• Availability of the course
• The scholarship schemes for the said courses
• The internship opportunities and employability after the course completion in the global landscape
• Duration of the said course
2. Contact with Alumni and Faculty:
• To help you clear the doubts
• Understanding the admission process
• Opportunities during and after graduation.
3. Visa Process:
• Student visa
• Formalities and guidelines
4. Other Aspects:
• Gym services
• Climatic conditions
Campus perks at RCA:
The RCA’s London campus is situated across the core of one of the world’s most creative cities, with locations in Kensington’s historic surrounds, White City’s forward-thinking hub, and Battersea’s cultural area. If you study here, you will be a member of a network of innovative students in a city noted for its creative culture, as well as a part of the RCA’s rich history dating back to its founding in 1837.
Escape, the RCA’s society for all things sport and adventure, is organized by the Student Union. Escape can arrange everything from a run in Hyde Park to squash and football tournaments, as well as climbing, kayaking, and adventurous weekends elsewhere. Escape will undertake whatever sport you can think of! College mailings and bulletin boards around campus are used to announce engagements.
To represent, educate, and amuse, the RCA Students’ Union (SU) is here. A much happens at the SU. We organize activities that allow students to meet one another and discuss, accept, question, sing, dream, and unwind with people from other classes.
Study abroad consultants and experts are guiding the aspirant in finding the right courses. They will:
- Give you analyzed decision for education abroad
- Prepare a checklist of necessary documents
- Apply for educational institutions
- Choosing colleges with finance management
- Assist in the scholarship application
- Assist in getting a student visa
Admissify is an independent international education consultant that takes pleasure in offering students with fair assistance. We assist you in selecting the best course for your desired career path. From entrance examinations to admissions to visas and post-landing support, our service package guarantees that we will be by your side at every stage of your trip.