Singapore Management University is one of the best and top universities in Singapore. Moreover, you can avail yourself of a range of undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional courses, and research facilities. You can gain a global perspective on education, with the help of the courses at Singapore Management University, but with an Asian twist. The university operates with cutting-edge technology and nurtures innovative abilities in the students. It is also the first Singapore University to achieve AAHRPP accreditation. You will be amazed to know that Singapore Management University offers a wide range of courses and scholarships, as well.
You can now fulfill your dreams of completing higher education in Singapore. The various scholarships are The Lee Kong Chian Scholars’ Programme, ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship, and Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship. International students can get financial aid for themselves now.
- The Lee Kong Chian Scholars’ Programme is available for all nationalities. Furthermore, the authorities offer up to 60 scholarships every year. You can be a full-time undergraduate student at SMU. You Can avail a full four-year tuition fee waiver under this scholarship. Moreover, there are other benefits associated with the same, like notebook grants, annual living allowances, and sponsorship for global opportunities. If you are a non-Singaporean, you are required to apply for a Tuition Grant Scheme.
- You can apply for the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship if you are an international student. The scholarship allows you to pursue programs in subjects that are taught at the undergraduate level. The deadline for application to the scholarship is mainly March every year. Any changes are always posted on the company portal. You can avail yourself of the scholarship in various subjects. Students from the following ASEAN countries are eligible to apply. They are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Students from more than 30 nations are eligible for the scholarship.
- The Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship is one of the prestigious scholarships, that you can avail yourself of. You can gain the advantage of the scholarship if you are pursuing the Bachelor of Science (Information Systems) program at SMU.
Singapore Management University
Scholarship Amount – (According to scholarships as mentioned above, serially)
- Tuition fee waiver, S$16,000 Global Opportunities grant, S$5,000 annual living allowance, S$1,800 one-time computer allowance, and Scholarship is bond-free.
- Covers the annual tuition fee for four years, and also provides an annual living allowance of S$5,800.
- Variable amount.
Scholarship Criteria /Eligibility
- You can apply for the scholarship when you have gained admission to any undergraduate courses and from any nationality. You can choose a single degree or a double-degree program. You must demonstrate leadership skills. Additionally, you need to demonstrate co-curricular brilliance. One of your majors in Dual Degree programs needs to be that of Business.
- You must be a full-time first-year undergraduate student at SMU. Moreover, you must be from any of the ASEAN countries, to be considered for the course. You should have good character and outstanding academic and extra-curricular brilliance.
- You must be pursuing a full-time SMU Bachelor of Science (Information Systems) program at the university. You can be from any of the Asian countries. Moreover, you should have an outstanding academic record and must have participated in extra-curricular activities. You must have a good character on record.
How to Apply?
- You can apply for the scholarship when you apply for admission. There is no separate application form for the same. You also need to submit a short personal essay. References are also required. You have to attend a panel interview. You will be shortlisted on the basis of your academic records.
- You can apply through the applicant self-service portal, after submitting the admission application.
- If you want to apply for this scholarship, you have to mention that while applying for admission to the program. There is no separate application form. You also need to follow certain terms and conditions, which include signing a 6-year bond to serve a Singapore-based company after your graduation.
You cannot hold any other grant or bursary. The scholarship will be renewed after every semester. The scholarship does not guarantee any sort of employment after completing the course. If you withdraw from the course for any reason, and if the scholarship amount is disbursed by the, you need to refund it.
These are a few of the scholarships, that international students can avail themselves of. If you are one, you should stay abreast of the opportunities that are available. The other scholarships which students often like to avail of are the Bangkok Bank Scholarship, Dato’ Kho Hui Meng Scholarship, Hiew Yoon Khong and Lee Su Chin Scholarship, Kewalram Chanrai Group Endowed Scholarship, LIT Scholarship, and Li Ka-Shing Endowed Scholarship to name a few.
You can decide upon a suitable one and speak to the university representative. Moreover, if you feel lost, with so much information at hand, you must connect with an overseas educational consultant. Admissify is based in India and has several international branches and offices. You can connect with expert guides to get more clarity on the courses, processes, and scholarships. Connect with them today.